Elemental Wars – part 4
This post continues the development of Elemental Wars. If you didn’t read it, please refer to the first post in the series here.
A quick note:
- The effects graphics are the intellectual property of Robert Brooks
- The sound files are all CC0.
In a nutshell, here is what I added from the previous post:
- Attacking elemental now use a Wade path to approach their target
- Added an effects manager, effect played on elemental destruction based on type.
- Added a sound manager, sound played on elemental destruction based on type
- Start with less cash, but increment faster so slots can stay more fully loaded throughout the game
- Tuned computer ai by adding buildProb and attackProb parameters
Final Results Preview
The overview diagram from the first post now looks like this
Download and extract the zip file, load elementalWars4.html to see it in action.
The code is well commented, so hopefully it is easy to follow. Hang in there, because we’re in the home stretch, the next post will wrap up this series.
cheers – Shri